Hybrid Culture and the Strengths-based Leader
Hybrid Culture And The Strengths-Based Leader
In this workshop leaders will reflect on their own culture and how it has shaped their values and beliefs. Participants will discuss the impact that bias has on their work and learn strategies for addressing this bias. Cultural humility will be introduced as an approach to embracing and building on the strengths of a diverse staff and organization. Finally, participants will explore organizational culture and how it supports or blocks an empowering work environment.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Provide a broad definition of culture
- Identify elements of organizational culture
- Reflect on your own values and how they impact behavior and relationships
- Identify types of bias that can impact judgment
- Describe how differences in culture can impact supervisory relationships
- Identify personal and organizational strategies for demonstrating cultural humility
- Identify methods of influencing organizational culture
Continuing Education Credit:
Available and optional at check-out. This item must be paid for at check out. Continuing Education fee is $20.00.
To obtain Social Work Continuing Education Hours, please complete the following items:
- Pay the Continuing Education Fee (optional choice at check-out)
- Attend entire course and sign-in
- Complete the online request form
- Complete the Course Evaluation after attending
This workshop/program has been approved for 6.5 continuing education hours through Temple University Harrisburg, a PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors pre-approved provider of continuing education. These continuing education hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.