Hybrid Strengths-based Leadership: An Overview
Hybrid Strengths-Based Leadership: An Overview
Engaged employees are more productive and less likely to quit. A strengths-based approach to leadership improves employee engagement and builds the capacity of your organization. In this workshop participants will discuss what defines an empowering workplace and identify leadership styles that support empowerment. Through the skill of critical reflection, leaders will identify how their own skills, attitudes and knowledge compare to the core competencies of a strengths based leader. Participants will also reflect on the strengths of their own staff and organization and discuss how to leverage the strengths to overcome challenges.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify core components of Strengths-based Leadership
- Define empowerment and identify difference between being empowered and being empowering
- Practice strengths-based vision
- Describe the purpose of critical reflection and the steps to implement it
- Identify strategies for increasing structural and psychological empowerment in the workplace
Continuing Education Credit:
Available and optional at check-out. This item must be paid for at check out. Continuing Education fee is $20.00.
To obtain Social Work Continuing Education Hours, please complete the following items:
- Pay the Continuing Education Fee (optional choice at check-out)
- Attend entire course and sign-in
- Complete the online request form
- Complete the Course Evaluation after attending
This workshop/program has been approved for 6.5 continuing education hours through Temple University Harrisburg, a PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors pre-approved provider of continuing education. These continuing education hours satisfy requirements for LSW/LCSW/LMFT/LPC biennial license renewal. Certificates of attendance documenting continuing education hours will be issued by Temple University Harrisburg.