ANNOUNCING: SFW RECERTIFICATION
Temple University Harrisburg is proud to announce the recertification process for individuals holding the Credential for Strengths-based Family Workers (SFW). One key standard of a credentialing program is that there is a process for ensuring that recipients continue to demonstrate competence through a recertification process. Goals of recertification processes are generally to assess the core knowledge and skills, assess knowledge and skills in a specific area of practice, encourage continued professional development, ensure maintenance of competence and promote lifelong learning. (National Organization for Competency Assurance Basic Guide to Credentialing Terminology, 2006)
Recertification of SFW Credentialed workers is required every three years. The recertification process must be complete by the end of the calendar year in the year it is due.
Individuals receiving their credential in 2014 are now due for recertification. The deadline for completion is December 31, 2017. CLICK HERE to register.
Unfortunately, anyone the has received their SFW or FDC credential prior to December 31, 2013 is no longer eligible for recertification. The deadline expired May 1, 2017. Please see the reinstatement policy below.
This recertification course consists of three online modules and a final quiz. This is a self-paced online course completed through the Blackboard platform.
The three video modules are:
- Reflecting Empathy
- Powerful Questions
- Introduction to Cultural Humility
Following completion of the three video modules, you will have access to the final Recertification Quiz. The quiz is a short answer exam allowing you the opportunity to demonstrate your competence.
FEE STRUCTURE AND COURSE REGISTRATION
The recertifcation fee is $100. CLICK HERE to register.
• For complete step by step instructions on course registration and how to access online materials: Please click here.
• If a worker fails to complete the recertification process by the end of the calendar year in the year it is due they will be considered “not credentialed.”
• Workers may apply for reinstatement for up to one year after their credential has lapsed. There will be a $60 Reinstatement fee. Upon payment of the Reinstatement fee the worker can register for Part 1 and Part 2 of the Recertification Course and pay the $100 course fee. Both parts of the recertification course must be completed with 60 days of the course registration date.
• If a worker goes beyond two years without seeking reinstatement and recertification they will no longer be eligible and must complete the SFW course again in order to receive the credential.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the SFW Credential Reinstatement.